Welcome to Lasting Impressions, the one place for all things Deliverance and Janz team music featuring Danny Paul and Ken Janz. If this is your first time here, please start reading from the first post (at the bottom of the first archived page). It will make more sense that way.

Friday, October 14, 2005

One Year

One Year has passed since the last post. I received two comments in that time, and I've added maybe two song lyrics to the music pages. I am happy with this blog the way it is, and will continue adding lyrics as time allows.

If you have been enjoying a song and want to help by transcribing the lyrics for me, please do. Just copy and paste your lyrics into a comment to this post and I'll take it from there... and then I will delete the comment, so if you have something to say, put it in a seperate comment.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! My dad just forwarded this link to me ... he used to sing with the Janz Team Singers and with Deliverance - Vern Giesbrecht! This is just unreal to be looking at this and hearing it all. Do you have CD copies of these? I've got all the albums but haven't been able to transfer them onto CD yet.

My dad is pretty blown away by this too. How did you get interested in Deliverance? We're curious!?!?

8:49 AM  
Blogger Daryl said...

The short answer... I went to BFA when Deliverance was in their heyday.
For the long answer, read the blog. I think I outlined it pretty well.

Vern G was the fantastic Guitar player right? Where are you located now?

From 1978-1980 My parents, John and Sara were dorm parents at the Jr. high girls dorm, then at Gupf. I suspect all of Deliverance, therefore your parents went to the same church as the rest of us. I know Paul, Ken and Danny (Daniel) Janz did.

I have a few more albums to record and post, but if Danny is still doing covers of the old songs, I might be forced to remove them.
I DID burn copies of my recordings onto CD, but it takes so long to edit the copies to get rid of the pops and clicks, that I gave up for a while. I intend to get back to it soon.

If you have ALL the albums maybe you can help me... I'm looking for the North American version of Tightrope. You know the one they played on the radio here in NA... with heavy guitars instead of Saxophones? I would be eternal grateful if your Dad could give me some background on that version, and maybe a recording of the album! :)

My source for some of my information is Steve Janz, who is now a pastor at an Alliance Church here in Winnipeg.
Steve is a cousin-nephew of Paul Ken and Danny. I can't quite figure out the relationship... I think their kids are Steve's second-cousins.

6:47 PM  
Blogger mba said...

I have posted a corrected version of the lyrics of "Such a Fool". You can get them at http://www.amolsch.com/?p=173 .

5:18 PM  
Blogger mba said...

… I also have the lyrics of "Feel the Music" (but not on my site). If you want them leave a comment to above mentioned post. If you leave your e-mail address I will mail the lyrics. Your address will not be visible to others. (Sorry, but I don't want to post my e-mail address here as it would be publicly visible.)

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home