Welcome to Lasting Impressions, the one place for all things Deliverance and Janz team music featuring Danny Paul and Ken Janz. If this is your first time here, please start reading from the first post (at the bottom of the first archived page). It will make more sense that way.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

2007

Since the last post Ken Janz has written a tell-all book (A Rebel in God's Hands) about his not so exemplary life after Deliverance, Paul's son Chris has released a CD on a major Christian label, Ken's son Andrew is a rising star, (see http://leojanz.blogspot.com/ for even more Janz news), every major music WIKI suddenly has a SLEW of Deliverance and Janz team information (nothing existed when I started this blog... which is WHY I started this blog...) and there has been nothing new from Danny. C'mon Danny... we loved your Deliverance covers!

This is my yearly post to this Blog. Just to keep it alive I guess. My basement is in shambles as I renovate, but I promise to get back to recording old vinyl when my basement work is done. I've been working on it since mid-2006. It will be so much more comfortable down there when it is bright, warm and furnished. I can't wait. In the mean time there will be no projects in the works... no new old music.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Deliverance-Fan!
Do you have found the rare copy of the only-Radio-Promo remixed Song "Tightrope"?If you have still Interest for this Song,please write me and i will ask Ken Janz about it;we're living in the same Part of Switzerland.Did you know,that Deliverance has made in the late 1979 a complete new remixed "Tightrope" -"Album" for USA,which was never released?
I think,the remixed Song "Tightrope" is taken from this new-remixed album!All songs are new remixed.
You can read this Information and the whole-only-real Story about Deliverance in the Book "Rebell in Gottes Hand" from Ken Janz.
Sorry for my bad english!
Oh,and Yes,there are News from Danny (Daniel) Janz!He's still working for Janz Team Ministries Germany and he's traveling with his Team Bob Janz and Heinrich Reisich this Year 2007 through Germany and Switzerland.Last Year,2006,Daniel's Son Michael Janz became the Superstar Singer of Switzerland!Danny also was seen then on 3+ Television!Sadly,this Year 2007,Danny's Father,my favorite Gospel-Singer Hildor Janz,died on March,31,2007,at age 85 in Canada.
Leo Janz,the Brother of Hildor,died last Year,also in Canada.Leo was the Evangelist & Founder of Janz Team Ministries.
Please write me,i have question about the "Hymns"-Album of Deliverance.
Thanks & Regards,
Ben.
bensound@orangemail.ch

2:18 AM  
Blogger Rob Wahl said...

Hey, cool blog!
Yup, I was there as a child, my father played a small role in Janz Team ministries in the 1960's in Germany/Switzerland/Austria and was a good friend of Leo and Hildor. I went to grades 1 and 2 in the Black Forest Academy. My brother's name is Hildor James Wahl, named after Hildor Janz; my Dad's name is Bob.

These were some of my first albums I liked, and the Danny, Paul and Wayne album introduced me to Larry Norman. Thanks for all the work setting up the site. I found it when my daughter asked about my brothers name and I Googled "Hildor Janz".

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I find music from Deliverance? I loved 'Such a Fool' so much and I am searching for years now to find this song.

peterberghuis@home.nl

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a HUGE Paul Janz fan - but had never heard of Deliverance until now. I would be so interested in hearing Paul's early music - and seeing how much of his Deliverance work is reflected in the music he recorded solo in the 1980s and 90s.
I'm so disappointed Paul stopped recording in the 1990s - I think he was an amazing singer / writer - although the work he's now doing teaching and writing at Kings College is certainly important.

I would love to hear from anyone who could lead me to any of the Deliverance songs! Please contact me!
michelle@trooper.ca

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trying to find the song Leaving LA by Deliverance but can't seem to find it anywhere. Would it be possible to post it up again.

Thanks

10:05 PM  
Blogger Daryl said...

It's here. I just listened to it today. Keep looking.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Hi

Just came across your site by accident! I used to work with a band that toured in Holland a number of times in the early 80s and on one trip picked a copy of 'Tightrope'. What a great album - I transferred it to CD some years back and still listen to it. I also have a Paul Janz solo CD I found in a bargain bin in Amsterdam last year! I'd love to hear some of the earlier music, especially 'Lasting Impressions' but the mp3 links don't seem to work. If that's fixable or you can point me to another source I'd appreciate it.

Paul

paulkeeb@gmail.com

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home